Through our workshops, we hope to develop the girls’ critical thinking skills, and foster their confidence in their own decision making. We want to encourage the girls to support other girls, and learn to except support from others. Exploring female friendships and relationships will bring awareness to, and hopefully decrease girl on girl violence. This workshop is designed to develop skills and tools, so the girls can navigate adolescence successfully.
- Be able to recognize the danger level of situations and make judgments that work for their best interest.
- Identify female supports, and learn how to be a female support.
- Define mass media and identify its purpose.
- Question media messages and think critically about the entertainment, news, and advertising media they consume.
- Become aware of media ownership, regulation and financing issues and their effect on media content and media messages.
Requesting a Lunch Program or Workshop
For more information on booking a workshop or for more information, please contact:
Jill Petrie, Program Supervisor
905-830-0776 ext. 302
482 Queen Street
Phone: (905) 830-0776
Fax: (905) 830-4480